How To Work From Home & Become Certified During Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Just thought that you should know - all of our course tutors are missing you...
We are living in worrying and uncertain times and I appreciate that becoming certified right now may not be on your immediate concerns, but for those of you looking for formal training, we have a number of popular classroom courses which have been shifted to virtual classroom. We have also expanded our online training solutions portfolio and the exams in most cases can be taken online from home via a remote proctor at a time, which suits you.
What Is Virtual \ Online Training & Remote Proctored Exams?
Virtual Training Format:
It's where you can access tutor led training from your home or office PC.You will have a set course duration (1, 2, 3, 4 or even 5 days and follow the normal classroom schedule. The virtual training course is led by a remote tutor who you can interact with and is open to multiple delegates who could potentially be based around the globe. Effectively it’s an online classroom.
Online Self-Paced Training Format:
It's where you can buy access (30, 60 90 days or more) to an on-line course and you start it when you want and work through the content as quickly or as slowly as you need to. The key here is to maintain a regular schedule so that you aren’t leaving your study to the last couple of days before your course access expires.
Remote Proctored Exams:
They are online examinations, which are conducted electronically from your home or office. Typically, you just need a laptop but built in camera and access to the internet.
You will receive an email from the exam provider which will ask you to book a date and time for an exam slot.
Prior to the exam login via a URL that your will be sent and converse with an exam proctor who will talk you through the procedure necessary to conduct the exam.
They will monitor you throughout the exam to ensure you don’t cheat (not that you would), and then on completion or closely after you will receive your provisional exam result.
How Can You Make The Most Out Of Working From Home?
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread, you may have left the world of open plan offices behind for a little while and are now working remotely to avoid unnecessary contact with others.
Everyone who works from home has to figure out when to work, where to work and how to create boundaries between work life and personal life. Here are a few tips for working from the comfort of your own home:
1. Maintain Regular Hours
If you normal work 9 till 5, then do your best to keep that routine and avoid the temptation to spend time on personal social media.
2. Create A Morning Routine
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Have breakfast before you start your day, get showered and dressed ideally in your normal work wear.
3. Set Ground Rules With The People In Your Space
I know it's hard especially if you have smaller children or even teenagers in the house, but try to agree some ground rules like when you can be disturbed and when you can't.
4. Schedule Breaks
Get up, stretch your legs to go make a cup of tea or coffee and bring it back to your 'office space'.
5. Keep A Dedicated Office Space
If possible, do not work from the lounge or kitchen table and if you have space in a spare bedroom, then make that your temporary office space.
6. Take Exercise In The Garden Or On The Balcony
You will need some fresh air at some point and it is possible to exercise in the garden even if it’s just star jumps, planking or squats. There was a creative and fit man who ran a half marathon in his back garden last week.
7. Maintain A Separate Work Phone Number
If you can, keep your work and private calls separate as much as possible as it will help you separate your work and personal time.
8. End Your Day With A Routine
In the office, you may have rearranged your desk before leaving for the day, so do the same working from home. It will bring closure to the day and you can now concentrate on you and your family's well-being.
9. Look For Training Opportunities
Even if you are working from home for the next few weeks or months, it does not mean that you have to stop learning. If your workload has reduced, then speak to your boss about learning a new skills ready for when everything returns to normal and it will, eventually!
10. Be Positive
Remember, this is only a temporary period of isolation and we are all in this together!
What Online Training Courses Do Purple Griffon Offer?
Purple Griffon offer the following easy and affordable online training solutions, where you can become certified from the comfort of your own home or office:
- ITIL 4 Foundation Online (30 Days)
- ITIL 4 Foundation Online (60 Days)
- ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver & Support Online (90 Days)
- ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver & Support Online (150 Days)
- ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition Module (90 Days)
- ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition Module (150 Days)
- Agile Project Management Foundation Online (30 Days)
- Agile Project Management Foundation Online (60 Days)
- Agile Scrum Foundation Online (30 Days)
- Agile Scrum Foundation Online (60 Days)
- Business Relationship Management Professional Online (30 Days)
- Business Relationship Management Professional Online (60 Days)
- Certified Business Relationship Manager Online (90 Days)
- Certified Business Relationship Manager Online (150 Days)
- PRINCE2 Foundation Online (180 Days)
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Online (180 Days)
- MSP Foundation Online (180 Days)
- MSP Practitioner Online (180 Days)
- DevOps Foundation Online (30 Days)
- DevOps Foundation Online (60 Days)
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Online (180 Days)
- ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst Online (180 Days)
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Online (180 Days)
- ISTQB Agile Foundation Extension Online (180 Days)
- iSQI Scrum Master Pro Online (180 Days)
- iSQI Professional Testing Processes Online (180 Days)
- iSQI User Acceptance Testing - UAT Online (180 Days)
- IT Asset Online Management Foundation (30 Days)
Don't see what you are looking for? Browse our whole online training solutions portfolio and get access to your online learning portal today!