Learn Software Asset Management Practices With SAM Specialist | 08 - 10 November 2021 | Virtual Classroom Learn more
As a result of the rising demand for smart devices both commercially and within businesses, there has been, and continues to be an increasing demand for information security professionals to work in organisations and within programmes and projects as specialists.
The adoption of cloud-based security solutions for cyber security in small and medium-sized businesses, all over the globe, is also becoming an increasing concern due to the implications for data security. Employees who either understand information security management principles or are seasoned professionals in IT security are in rising demand to help keep businesses and their assets, safe.
You should be able to demonstrate knowledge, understanding, application and analysis of Software Testing processes, practices and techniques in the following areas:
• Web & Mobile Security
• Risk Management & Governance
• Human Factors
• Secure Software Lifecycle
• Operating Systems & Virtualisation
• Adversarial Behaviours
• Network Security
• Security Ops & Incident Management
• Software Security
Upon completion of the BCS Certificate In Information Management Security Principles training course, you should be able to demonstrate:
• Knowledge of the concepts relating to information security management.
• Understanding of current national legislation and regulations which impacts information security management.
• Awareness of current national and international standards, frameworks and organisations which facilitate the management of information security.
• Understanding of the current business and common technical environments in which information security management must operate.
• Knowledge of the categorisation, operation and effectiveness of controls of different types and characteristics.
The three-day BCS Certificate In Information Management Security Principles training course includes lectures, exercises and practical work covering the new syllabus as of September 2020 which reduced training down from 5 days. On the final day, you will prepare and take the examination. It is fully accredited by BCS Professional Certifications and they have rated it as SFIAplus level 3.
Anyone in a role that deals with acquiring and storing data in addition to, security consultants, cyber security managers, engineers, project managers, security technicians and business continuity practitioners. In addition, this course is aimed at software testers, business analysts, developers and all of those who want to establish sound information security principles whilst equally supporting those who need an overview of information security within their role that may not be specific to the industry. This enables those taking the exam to become either an informed customer or to use the qualification as a steppingstone on their career-ladder.
• Full Materials
• Highly Skilled & Knowledgeable Tutors
• BCS Certificate In Information Management Security Principles Examination
Your employee will be awarded the BCS Certificate In Information Management Security Principles and this will increase productivity in the workplace.
• Provides you with good practical experience in this key area within an IT Department.
• You will have a professional qualification widely-recognised by employers, customers and peers
There are no specific pre-requisites for entry to the examination; however, it is recommended that you have a working knowledge of IT. It would be beneficial, although by no means mandatory, to have an:
• Understanding of the general principles of information technology security
• Awareness of the issues involved with security control activity
There is no formal prereading for this BCS Certificate In Information Management Security Principles training course.
BCS Certificate In Information Management Security Principles Exam:
To qualify as the holder of a BCS Foundation Certificate in Information Security Management Principles, you must successfully pass the exam administered by the BCS.
• The exam has 100 multiple-choice questions.
• It will be a ‘closed book’ examination i.e. no notes or books will be allowed into the examination room.
• It is held over 120 minutes (+ 25% additional time for candidates taking examinations that are not in their native language).
• The pass mark is 65% (65 out of100).
There are no Professional Qualification Credits associated with the BCS Certificate In Information Management Security Principles training course.
Whenever you are ready for the next step in certification, here are the most common follow on courses after the BCS Certificate In Information Management Security Principles training course.
The BCS Certificate In Information Management Security Principles training course will increase your knowledge of the concepts relating to information security management.