COBIT® (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies), is a framework created by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) for managing and governing enterprise IT processes. It provides guidelines, best practices, and a comprehensive framework for aligning IT with business goals, ensuring effective risk management, and maintaining a high level of control over IT processes.
Offering a structured approach to IT governance and management, COBIT® helps organisations establish a set of controls, policies, and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient use of IT resources, manage IT-related risks, and achieve compliance with various regulations and standards. Focusing on areas such as:
- Strategic Alignment: Ensuring that IT activities are aligned with business objectives and priorities.
- Value Delivery: Maximising the value delivered by IT investments and services to the organisation.
- Risk Management: Identifying and managing IT-related risks to support business goals.
- Resource Management: Efficiently utilising IT resources (people, infrastructure, technology) to achieve business objectives.
- Performance Measurement: Defining and tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor the success of IT processes.