Read Our New Blog Article "Top ITIL® 4 Foundation FAQS (And Answers To Them All)" Where We Answer All Of Your Burning Questions! Learn more
IT Asset Management (ITAM) is one of the most important elements for any business strategy. IT Asset Management will improve your business' cost control and risk reduction while increasing business value with IT Assets. These IT Assets include all aspects of hardware and software used within your organisation.
Our two-day IT Asset Management (ITAM) Foundation training course will introduce you to the concept of IT Asset Management. It's the perfect training course for anyone new to IT Asset Management. You will walk away from this training course understanding the purpose of IT Asset Management and how it will benefit your organisation. This even includes licensing complexities related to IT operations in terms of software and hardware updates and acquisitions.
Use this quick Eligibility Checker to see your likelihood of being approved for a loan with Knoma, without any damage to your credit score.
• Definition, purposes and objectives
• Why does your organisation need ITAM?
• Introduction to the four key areas:
• Hardware Asset Management, Software Asset Management, Services & Cloud Asset Management, People & Information Asset Management
• The IT Asset lifecycle and its impact on your business
• The key roles in ITAM – stakeholders, functions, roles and responsibilities
• Typical business issues and challenges in the ITAM workflow
• Introduction to ITAM best practices, ISO55000 and ITSM
Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Introduction:
• The concept, purpose and benefits of HAM
• The HAM lifecycle in your organisation from acquisition through to disposal
• Request and approval processes, procurement and lifecycle management, redeployment and disposal management
• The placement of HAM in the ITAM ecosystem
• Mobile device (asset) management aspects of HAM
• The best practices of HAM (ISO and ITSM)
• The tool reflections of HAM
Software Asset Management (SAM) Introduction:
• Definition and objectives
• SAM best practices and framework
• The business value of SAM
• SAM from request to acquisition throughto disposal
• Key roles and stakeholders in a SAM program
• The placement of SAM in the ITAM ecosystem
• The concept of compliance
• The risks/costs related to software audits
• Organisational pitfalls and challenges in the SAM process
• IT Service Management and ISO19770 approach within SAM
Services & Cloud Asset Management Introduction:
• The concept of services and cloud services
• The costs, challenges and benefits associated with Services and Cloud services
• Definition and objectives within Services and Cloud Asset Management (SEAM)
• The contractual issues with assets in SEAM
• The pitfalls and benefits from SEAM
• ITAM best practices in a SEAM context
• The placement of SEAM in the ITAM ecosystem
• Key roles and stakeholders in a SEAM program
• Compliance in a Cloud perspective
People & Information Asset Management (PINAM) Introduction:
• Definition and objectives
• How to define Information and People as assets
• Security and risk control (information sharing, employees leaving the organisation, loss of mobile devices, access regulations, etc)
• BYOD in a People and Information Management perspective
• How do mobile users use their devices and content? Benefits and pitfalls
• Policy Setting – security policies for content, users and mobile devices
ITAM Key Findings & Conclusions:
• The best practices in the ITAM framework
• How to assess and understand the ITAM maturity in your organisation
• The interface between the four key ITAM areas (HAM, SAM, SEAM, PINAM)
• Effective communication of your ITAM goals to the key stakeholders in your organisation
• ITAM integration with the organisational key business drivers and goals evaluation
• Exam preparation and Exam
The focus of our IT Asset Management (ITAM) Foundation training course is to expand organisational workflow. This happens by defining the key roles within the ITAM disciplines across financial, contractual, and inventory departments while highlighting the culture changes that ensue for end-users in an IT environment.
A successful ITAM certification program involves several department members in your organisation. Roles such as Organisation Managers, IT Service Department Members, and members of the Finance Department are all suitable candidates. Our IT Asset Management (ITAM) Foundation training course is designed for all personnel in these functions.
Materials Provided For The ITAM Course
You will be provided with full IT Asset Management (ITAM) Foundation materials including:
• Course Manual
• IT Asset Management (ITAM) Foundation Mock Examination
• Official IT Asset Management (ITAM) Foundation Examination
We recommend that our IT Asset Management (ITAM) Foundation training course is attended by employees from several departments in your business. This includes finance, IT, and management. This helps enable successful and coherent focus throughout your enterprise after understanding ITAM methodology. Individuals can also benefit from our IT Asset Management (ITAM) Foundation training course and are welcome to attend.
Though this IT Asset Management (ITAM) Foundation training course has an IT focus, it has been specifically designed with non-IT personnel in mind. There is no prior course study or knowledge of IT required to take this course.
There is no prereading to be undertaken for our IT Asset Management (ITAM) Foundation training course.
IT Asset Management (ITAM) Foundation Certification Exam:
The IT Asset Management (ITAM) Foundation examination is a one-hour closed-book online multiple-choice test, consisting of 40 questions. The pass mark is 65% (26/40)
The exam is invigilated via a remote proctor by Van Haren.
Our three-day Software Asset Management Specialist (SAMS) training course is designed for IT professionals with some understanding of the IT Asset Management area. This may be beneficial to take prior to or after our IT Asset Management (ITAM) Foundation training course.
At the end of our IT Asset Management (ITAM) Foundation training course, you will have gained a deep understanding of IT asset management and how it benefits employees, departments, and entire businesses.
Joining Instructions for Purple Griffon training courses are sent the week before the course start date. First, your Account Manager will email to confirm your booking with you. Both, the materials and exam voucher will be emailed to you the week before the training course. Finally, the tutor will send the invitation to you directly and this will be via the MS Teams or Zoom platform.