Download Our FREE Software Asset Management (SAM) Terminology PDF To Learn Software Asset Management (SAM) Terms & Definitions! Learn more
The role of the Service Delivery Manager has been around for decades. Over this period with changes to technology and the way services are delivered, changing customer relationships and expectations the role has obviously grown in complexity and responsibility. Until now there has been little to no formal training for the Service Delivery Manager. The Service Delivery Manager Workshop was created to fill the needs of SDMs working in a wide range of organisations.
Our two-day IT Service Delivery Manager Workshop is based upon a mixed set of generic SDM roles and responsibilities, which will obviously vary from organisation to organisation. The workshop is suitable for those working in Managed Service Providers with commercial customers and also those working in internal IT teams with internal and external customers, also not for profit organisations. The workshop covers all of the basic SDM skills and competencies plus all of the add-ons.
Our free ten-question Service Delivery Manager Quiz will test your knowledge of Service Delivery Manager Best Practices.
Please Note: All training courses purchased with Knoma will be at full RRP and no discounts can be applied.
Use this quick Eligibility Checker to see your likelihood of being approved for a loan with Knoma, without any damage to your credit score.
Our experienced tutors will identify all of your individual learning objectives and ensure that they are addressed over the Workshop. Our IT Service Delivery Manager Workshop is based upon a set of generic SDM roles, which will vary from organisation to organisation.
As a minimum these key topics will be covered in our IT Service Delivery Manager Workshop:
• The role of the Service Delivery Manager
• Scope of the role
• Acting as a bridge between customer and operational delivery teams
• Collaborating with senior management
• Key Responsibilities (core) and other
• Service Quality
• End to end service
• Value Chains and Value Networks
• The Customers perspective
• Business Value
• Utility and Warranty of a service
• Value for Money
• Policies and Procedures
• Escalation procedures
• Governance (The importance of compliance)
• What processes are involved in the SDM role
• Service Level Management
• SLAs and OLAs
• Business Relationship Management
• Incident Management
• Problem Management
• Change Management
• Other process interfaces
• Sales and Account Management
• Supplier Management and Subcontractors
• Financial Management
• Skills and Competencies (the required skill set)
• Customer Service Management
• Building relationships
• Sponsoring and managing meetings
• Achieving SLA targets
• Performance Management
• Getting things done, and making things happen
• Communicating across organisational boundaries – from engineers through to senior managers
• Verbal communication
• Written communication
• Service Reporting
• Service Level Reports
• Service Achievement Reports
• Balanced Scorecards
• ‘At a glance’ and RAG reports
• Positional and principled negotiation
• Influencing skills
• Contracts and agreements
• The Internal Customer
• The external Customer
• Techniques and Methods
• On-boarding new customers
• Customer Satisfaction
• Removing all obstacles to customer satisfaction and / or financial performance
• Measuring satisfaction levels
• Measuring perceptions
• Complaints and complements
• Complaint Handling
• Working with operations teams to identify and manage service improvement activities
• Opportunities, Challenges and Risks
• Self Service opportunities and challenges
• Continual Service Improvement
• SIPs (Service Improvement Plans)
• CSIP (Continual Service Improvement Plan)
• The CSI process
• The CSI Register
• Continual Professional Development
• The future of the SDM role
• Your future
Our IT Service Delivery Manager Workshop will cover all aspects of IT Service Delivery Management from how to get started to more advanced techniques to address ever-growing challenges of ever-increasing service complexity, breadth of integration and customer demand.
This Workshop will also take you from understanding your customers need to actual service delivery and ongoing support. We will cover current 'Best Practice' frameworks and methodologies and also key communication and negotiation skills and techniques. We can also tailor our IT Service Delivery Manager Workshop for individual organisational needs and run it as an on-site training course.
Our IT Service Delivery Manager Workshop is suitable for anyone currently working as a Service Delivery Manager, supervising a number of Service Delivery Managers or anyone aspiring to move into a Service Delivery Manager role. Those wanting to improve their general SDM skills and capabilities will also find our IT Service Delivery Manager Workshop extremely useful.
A full set of materials will be provided for our IT Service Delivery Manager Workshop including:
• A Comprehensive Workshop Folder
• Quick Reference Guides
There are no prerequisites required to attend our IT Service Delivery Manager Workshop, however an understanding of basic IT terminology and current IT 'Best Practice' would be an advantage.
There is currently no pre-reading required to attend our IT Service Delivery Manager Workshop.
There is no formal examination or certification associated with our IT Service Delivery Manager Workshop.
Purple Griffon has created a series of free one-hour overviews for each ITIL® 4 training course, which explains what the training course covers and provides insight into the format and content.
If you are already certified in ITIL® V3 but haven't transitioned yet, our videos may give you extra motivation to update to the new certification level.
• ITIL® 4 Foundation Webinar
• ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition Module Webinar
• ITIL® 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver & Support Webinar
• ITIL® 4 Specialist: Drive Stakeholder Value Webinar
• ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve Webinar
• ITIL® 4 Specialist: High Velocity IT Webinar
• ITIL® 4 Leader: Digital & IT Strategy Webinar
Our IT Service Delivery Manager Workshop will equip you with the core skills and competencies and confidence to become an effective and efficient Service Delivery Manager.
Joining Instructions for Purple Griffon training courses are sent the week before the course start date. First, your Account Manager will email to confirm your booking with you. Both, the materials and exam voucher will be emailed to you the week before the training course. Finally, the tutor will send the invitation to you directly and this will be via the MS Teams or Zoom platform.