ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition Module (MPT) Training Courses Reduced To £1250 + VAT (£745 Saving). Learn more
Our five-day Change Management Foundation & Practitioner training course will provide you with the opportunity to explore approaches to managing change.
We will look at how to build successful change within your organisation and will explore these 4 core areas:
• Change & The Organisation
• Change & The Individual
• Communications & Stakeholder Engagement
• Change Management In Practice
Together, these core areas will enable you to develop a comprehensive Change Management plan to support effective change within your organisation.
Change & The Organisation
Organisations are exposed to wide variety of factors which they need to respond to in order to survive and prosper. You will need to consider:
• Why your organisation needs to change and the implications for this on the design of the Change Programme
Change, The Organisation & The Individual
A Change Management Perspective
Successful change typically involves careful design and delivery of new products, services or processes. However the same care and attention is also needed for the "people" element of any change. You will need to consider:
• The impact of change on the individual and what implications this has when planning change
• How different organisational cultures can affect the change experience
• What frameworks are available support the creation of a "people focused" Change Management plan
• Key roles in supporting successful change
Education & Learning Support
Change usually involves people learning new ways of working. Effective Change Management recognises this and incorporates learning and development into the Change Management plan. You will need to consider:
• The process of learning
• Identifying and meeting learning needs
• The implications of "learning styles" when designing learning interventions
Communications & Stakeholder Engagement
Change agents need to understand who will be affected by the change so that their requirements can be taken into account while minimising disruption to current operational performance. You will need to consider:
• Identify and analyse stakeholders
• Develop effective influencing strategies
Communication & Engagement
Effective communications are fundamental to any successful change. You will need to consider:
• The theory of effective communications
• The use of different communication channels
• How to develop a communications plan
• How to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the communications
Change Management In Practice
Change does not occur in isolation. Change agents will need to manage the relationship between the change journey, business continuity and successfully embedding the change. You will be shown:
• Tools that help assess the wider impacts of the change and so ensure a comprehensive Change Management plan is developed
Change Readiness, Planning & Measurement
Even if an organisation is effective today, change is likely to be heading its way. Successful organisations start planning for change long before it becomes a necessity. You will learn how to:
• Build motivation to change
• Build organisational readiness for change
• Prepare for resistance
Personal & Professional Management
One individual is unlikely to be able to undertake all the activities to support successful change. Typically teams will be involved in supporting and shaping the change. You will need consider how to:
• Develop effective teams to help manage change
Project Management: Change Initiatives, Projects & Programmes
Change agents will need to decide on the delivery mechanisms for change. You will need to consider:
• What Governance structures to put in place
• How different Project Management methodologies might impact on the management of change
Change agents will frequently be helping others to 'find answers' to difficult business problems. You will need to consider:
• Approaches to running larger workshops (The use of a World cafe or Open Space Technology)
After all the hard work how can we ensure that the change 'sticks'? You will need to consider:
• What design factors help ensure that the change is permanently embedded within the organisation
Our Change Management Foundation & Practitioner training course will give you the opportunity to comprehensively explore current thinking on how to manage organisational change through practical individual/group work.
What Will You Learn?
• Recognise the drivers for change
• Consider the impact of change on individuals within the organisation
• Identify different organisation cultures and understand their impact on the change process
• Select an appropriate framework to use as the basis for the creation of a Change Management plan
• Plan learning activities to support change
• Identify and analyse stakeholders to understand their influence on the change plan
• Create and implement a Communications Management plan
• Develop an effective change team
• Develop organisations that can respond well to change
• Establish appropriate governance structures
• Prepare for large facilitated workshops to encourage meaningful dialog with those affected by the change.
• Design change that really does become the new business as usual
Our Change Management Foundation & Practitioner training course is aimed at those who are interested in all aspects of Change Management who also want to achieve a certificate in the more detailed, advanced Principles Of Change Management Practitioner Certificate.
Our Change Management Combined Foundation & Practitioner training course includes:
• Full Materials Including "The Effective Change Manager's" Handbook
• Principles Of Change Management Foundation Examination
• Principles Of Change Management Practitioner Examination
• Highly Skilled & Knowledgeable Tutors
• Build the organisation’s capability and capacity to deal successfully with change, improving agility.
• Increase the probability of successful business change/transformation – supporting strategic direction.
• Minimise risks (costs, delays, loss of employee engagement, reputation) associated with failed initiatives.
• Align change initiatives with established, process-driven methods (like PRINCE2® and MSP®) to develop a unified approach to change.
• Develop and sustain employee commitment and alignment with organisational purpose during times of change.
• Build and maintain the engagement of internal and external stakeholders with new initiatives.
• Manage more effective change communications with internal and external constituencies so that change is understood and supported.
• Improve assessment of change impact, integrated change planning and successful embedding of change into the life of the organisation.
• Understand the human side of change and know how to help people deal more effectively with change, maintaining their commitment and bringing them successfully through the change process.
• Understand the various types of change that affect organisations, and know how to draw on a range of professional approaches to support the effective delivery of the organisation’s desired outcomes from each change initiative.
• Know how to identify and work with the stakeholders in a change initiative, and how to plan, execute and measure the effective communications required to build and maintain their engagement.
• Know how to assess the impacts of change, to develop effective change teams and to recognize and address resistance to change.
• Understand the process of sustaining change and know how to embed a change initiative as the new ‘business as usual’.
There are no prerequisites that are necessary for attendance, although a basic knowledge of all aspects of Change Management would be beneficial.
Please Note: Additional evening work will be required in the form of consolidation reading and mock examination questions.
The evening work is an integral part of the course and you should expect to spend approximately 2 1/2 hours on these activities each evening.
Principles Of Change Management Foundation Examination:
• The examination is accredited by APMG
• The examination duration is 40 minutes
• The examination is closed book
• 50 multiple-choice questions
• The pass mark is 25/50
Principles Of Change Management Practitioner Examination:
• The examination is accredited by APMG
• The examination duration is 120 minutes
• The examination is partial open book ("The Effective Change Manager's" Handbook may be used)
• Examines 4 main syllabus areas including Change Management Foundation material
• Complex multiple-choice questions, objective text
• There are 80 marks available and the pass mark is 40/80
You will be provided with sample examination papers so you can test your understanding of the training course and prepare for the Principles Of Change Management Practitioner examination.
There are no Professional Qualification Credits associated with our Change Management Combined Foundation & Practitioner training course.
Perhaps consider taking another one of our classroom-based training courses such as:
If you successfully pass both examinations, you will be awarded the Principles Of Change Management Foundation & Practitioner Certificates.