Download Our FREE Software Asset Management (SAM) Terminology PDF To Learn Software Asset Management (SAM) Terms & Definitions! Learn more
VeriSM™ is a service management approach that helps service providers to create a flexible operating model to meet desired business outcomes. It describes how an organisation can define its service management principles and then use organisational capabilities, emerging technologies and a combination of management practices to deliver value.
Our two-day VeriSM™ Foundation training course focuses on the VeriSM™ model which emphasises the focus on value, outcomes and organisational goals. It also includes a unique management mesh, the guidance for choosing the appropriate management practices to establish the product or service. It gives context to Service Management in the digital age and looks at how emerging technologies and progressive management practices can be applied to add value for the consumer.
Please Note: All training courses purchased with Knoma will be at full RRP and no discounts can be applied.
Use this quick Eligibility Checker to see your likelihood of being approved for a loan with Knoma, without any damage to your credit score.
Our VeriSM™ Foundation training course consists of a number of learning objectives:
1. The Service Organisation
1.1 Organisational context
1.1.1 Define key elements of an organisation
1.1.2 Define how to optimise organisational interactions
1.2 Organisational governance
1.2.1 Define the elements of organisational governance (evaluate, direct, monitor)
1.2.2 Explain how governance “flows” through an organisation
1.3 Digital transformation
1.3.1 Define the impact of new technology on organisations
1.3.2 Describe the impact of digital transformation on service management
2. Service Culture
2.1 The service culture
2.1.1 Define a service culture
2.1.2 Explain the elements of a service culture
3. People and Organisational Structure
3.1 Organisation structure
3.1.1 Define the differences between a leader and a manager
3.1.2 Explain the competencies of the service management professional
3.1.3 List the elements of a well-functioning team
3.2 Service management challenges
3.2.1 Explain methods to overcome team challenges (silos, virtual teams)
3.2.2 Explain the challenges of managing consumers
3.2.3 Describe the elements of communication
3.2.4 Explain organisational change principles
4. The VeriSM™ Model
4.1 The VeriSM™ model
4.1.1 Define the elements of the VeriSM™ model
4.1.2 Explain how VeriSM™ re-defines service management
4.1.3 Explain how VeriSM™ uses the management mesh to create and stabilize services
4.1.4 Explain the elements within each of the four stages of the VeriSM™ model - Define, Produce, Provide & Respond
4.2 Adapting the VeriSM™ model
4.2.1 Define the process of selecting and integrating management practices.
4.2.2 Explain the characteristics of successful operating models
5. Progressive Practices
5.1 Progressive practices
5.1.1 Indicate the success factors for adopting progressive management practices
5.1.2 Clarify the key concepts and when to apply Agile, DevOps, SIAM™, Lean as a management practice
6. Innovative Technologies
6.1 Impact of Technology
6.1.1 Summarise the implications of technology on service management
6.1.2 Explain the benefits of the cloud, virtualisation, and automation
6.1.3 Explain the impact of big data, the internet of things, mobile computing, bring your own device on service management
6.1.4 Describe server-less computing, artificial intelligence, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Machine Learning, and containerisation
7. Getting Started with VeriSM™
7.1 Getting started
7.1.1 Identify how to get started
7.1.2 Describe how to move from reactive to proactive operations
You will learn the following on our VeriSM™ Foundation training course:
• Define the elements of organisational governance (evaluate, direct, monitor).
• Describe the impact of digital transformation on service management.
• Explain methods to overcome team challenges (silos, virtual teams).
• Define the elements of the VeriSM™ model.
• Explain how VeriSM™ re-defines service management.
• Explain how VeriSM™ uses the management mesh to create and support services.
• Explain the elements within each of the four stages of the VeriSM™ model:
• Clarify the key concepts and when to apply Agile, DevOps, SIAM®, Lean as a management practice.
• Define the importance of considering Shift Left, Customer Experience/User Experience, Continuous Delivery practices in service delivery.
• Explain the benefits of the cloud, virtualization, and automation.
• Explain the impact of big data, the internet of things, mobile computing, bring your own device on service management.
• Define serverless computing, artificial intelligence, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Machine Learning, and containerization in relation to service delivery.
• Identify steps to initiate an improvement program based on VeriSM™.
All professionals and organisations who are involved in delivering value to customers through the development, delivery, operation and/or promotion of services. VeriSM™ Foundation,
VeriSM™ Essentials and VeriSM™ Plus are useful to professionals at the very start of their service management career and also to experienced professionals who need access to a simple service management approach. The certifications are essential for anyone who works with products and services and will be of particular interest to:
• Graduates and undergraduates – who will be joining organisations and who need to understand the principles of service management.
• Managers – who want to understand how to leverage evolving management practices.
• Service Owners & Service Managers – who need to bring their skills up to date and understand how service management has changed.
• Executives – who are accountable for effective service delivery.
• IT Professionals - who need to understand the impact of evolving management practices and new technologies on their role.
You will be provided with full VeriSM™ Foundation course materials including:
• Course Folder & Notes Pages
• The Official VeriSM™ Book
• VeriSM™ Foundation Sample Examination
• Formal VeriSM™ Foundation Examination
There are no formal prerequisites for our VeriSM™ Foundation training course however a good prior knowledge of Service Management is desirable.
There is no formal prereading associated with our VeriSM™ Foundation training course.
The VeriSM™ Foundation examination is accredited by EXIN and comprises of:
• Closed Book
• 40 Multiple-Choice Question
The pass mark for the VeriSM™ Foundation exam is 65% or 26 out of 40.
If the examination is taken in a language that is not your native/official language, you are entitled to 25% extra time.
Our VeriSM™ Foundation training course is designed to give you a complete understanding of the VeriSM™ approach and how it pulls together your current best practice methodologies and frameworks.
Joining Instructions for Purple Griffon training courses are sent the week before the course start date. First, your Account Manager will email to confirm your booking with you. Both, the materials and exam voucher will be emailed to you the week before the training course. Finally, the tutor will send the invitation to you directly and this will be via the MS Teams or Zoom platform.
There are currently no course dates that match your selected filter options. Please try another filter or contact one of our dedicated account managers on +44(0)1539 736 828 to discuss your requirements. Thanks.