ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition Module (MPT) Training Courses Reduced To £1250 + VAT (£745 Saving). Learn more
Our two-day Problem Management & Root Cause Analysis Techniques Workshop will provide you with a practical approach to applying well-established root cause analysis principles and techniques. This will allow you to identify the sources of recurring incidents and problems and reduce service downtime.
Our Problem Management & Root Cause Analysis Techniques Workshop builds upon the ITIL® guidance for Problem Management, explaining how to determine the root causes of incidents and problems using a variety of proven techniques, including Kepner-Tregoe, Ishikawa, Pareto Analysis and a number of popular individual and group brainstorming techniques.
• An Introduction To The Incident & Problem Management Processes
• The Incident Management Process
• Impact, Urgency & Priority
• Incident Matching
• When To Raise A Problem Record
• The purpose of Problem Management
• Problem Management Triggers
• The Concepts & Objectives Of Problem Management
• Exploring Both The Reactive & Proactive Scope Of Problem Management
• The Problem Management Process
• Initial Diagnosis
• Known Errors & Workarounds
• Tool Requirements
• Problem Management RCA Techniques
• Pareto Analysis
• Pain Value Analysis
• Chronological Analysis
• Technical Observation
• Ishikawa Diagrams
• Affinity Mapping
• Fault Isolation
• Five Whys?
• Hypothesis Testing
• Practical Application Of Problem Management In The 'Real World'
Our Problem Management & Root Cause Analysis Techniques Workshop will teach you which techniques are most useful for different types of problems and when it's appropriate to undertake root cause analysis. You will also identify barriers to effective problem solving and how to overcome them and information gathering techniques – basically by asking the right questions to the right people at the right time.
Our Problem Management & Root Cause Analysis Techniques Workshop will focus on the practical aspects of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) including how to effectively link Problem, Incident and Knowledge Management and design procedures to ensure the right information is gathered to aid in effective RCA.
Our Problem Management & Root Cause Analysis Techniques Workshop will be most applicable to those working in Incident and Problem Management who have responsibility for RCA, improving service availability and reliability and reducing risk.
The following materials are provided on our Problem Management & Root Cause Analysis Techniques Workshop:
• Comprehensive Course Folder
• Worked RCA Examples
The organisational benefits of our Problem Management & Root Cause Analysis Techniques Workshop include:
• Improved service availability due to the prevention of recurring incidents and problems.
• Increased user and customer satisfaction.
• Reduce operational costs and lowered (TCO) Total Cost of Ownership due to the implementation of permanent solutions.
• Reduced cost-savings due to reduction in re-work.
• More efficient use of people resources – as less time is spent reacting to recurring incidents and problems, more time is available for proactive efforts.
• Continual improvement efforts for design and transition can be identified, thereby positively impacting future changes and services.
• Reduction in service downtime/increased availability
The indvidual benefits of our Problem Management & Root Cause Analysis Techniques Workshop include:
• Gaining the skills and knowledge required to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of Problem Management and Incident Management.
• Improving your ability to correctly and efficiently identify root cause.
• You will also gain an improved understanding of appropriate root cause analysis techniques and principles.
There are no entry-level requirements for our Problem Management & Root Cause Analysis Techniques Workshop.
There is no prereading which needs to be undertaken for our Problem Management & Root Cause Analysis Techniques Workshop.
There are no formal certifications or examinations included in our Problem Management & Root Cause Analysis Techniques Workshop.
There are no Professional Qualification Credits associated with our Problem Management & Root Cause Analysis Techniques Workshop.
Purple Griffon has created a series of free one-hour overviews for each ITIL® 4 training course, which explains what the training course covers and provides insight into the format and content.
If you are already certified in ITIL® V3 but haven't transitioned yet, our videos may give you extra motivation to update to the new certification level.
• ITIL® 4 Foundation Webinar
• ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition Module Webinar
• ITIL® 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver & Support Webinar
• ITIL® 4 Specialist: Drive Stakeholder Value Webinar
• ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve Webinar
• ITIL® 4 Specialist: High Velocity IT Webinar
• ITIL® 4 Leader: Digital & IT Strategy Webinar
By the end of our Problem Management & Root Cause Analysis Techniques Workshop, you will have a thorough understanding of what Root Cause Analysis actually is, when and where it should be applied, and how you can apply the different RCA techniques for maximum business benefit.