ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition Module (MPT) Training Courses Reduced To £1250 + VAT (£745 Saving). Learn more
BCS Membership Offer: If you do not hold a BCS certification and successfully pass the examination for this training course - you will be given one year's complementary BCS Membership. This offer is only valid for your first BCS qualification.
Our three-day BCS Professional Certificate In Advanced Requirements Engineering training course is designed to help experienced Business Analysts develop strategies to tackle more challenging requirements engineering assignments while avoiding requirements pitfalls.
Advanced Requirements Engineering is an Analytical Skills module for the BCS (ISEB) Advanced International Diploma In Business Analysis.
BCS Professional Certificate In Advanced Requirements Engineering
The Enterprise Context
• Enterprise Architecture (EA): EA Domains Zachman Framework
• Business Architecture: The Business Model Canvas, Capability Maps, Value Streams
• Customer & User Experience
The Business Analysis Service Portfolio
• Service Thinking & Value Co-Creation
• Value Propositions
• The Business Analysis Service Framework (BASF)
• Portfolios, Programmes & Projects: Definitions & Governance
• Enterprise Governance
• Requirements Governance
The Requirements Engineering Plan
• Analysis Planning
• Terms Of Reference For Requirements Engineering
• The Outcome Frame
• Problem Definition
• Planning & Estimating For Requirements Engineering
Engaging With Stakeholders
• Relevance Of Elicitation Techniques
• Understanding The Cultural Context For Requirements Engineering
• Questioning Approaches
• Listening Levels & Behaviours
The Requirements Taxonomy
• Enterprise Drivers For Requirements
• The Hierarchy Of Requirements
• Prioritisation Techniques: MoSCoW, Kano
• Business Use Case Diagram & Epics
• Decomposition Of Requirements & Priorities
• Requirements Traceability
• Requirement Patterns & Re-Use
Non-Functional Requirements: Customer Experience Requirements
• Customer Experience
• Customer Journey Mapping
• User Role Attributes & Personas
• Usability & Accessibility Requirements
• Look & Feel Requirements
• Visualisation Techniques: Wireframes, Prototypes
Non-Functional Requirements: Service Quality Requirements
• Performance, Capacity & Scalability Requirements
• Backup & Recovery Requirements
• Archiving & Deletion Requirements
• Maintainability, Availability & Reliability Requirements
• Security & Access Requirements
• Misuse Cases
Acceptance & Approval Of Requirements
• Quality Assurance For Requirements Engineering
• Validation Perspectives
• Acceptance Criteria For Requirements
• Advancement In Requirements
Despite the fundamental principles of requirements engineering being relatively well-defined, ‘poor requirements’ are regularly held up as the reason for project failures.
Experienced business analysts know that this can be due to many factors, including failure to align requirements with business objectives, address cultural issues and document requirements at the correct level.
Our BCS Professional Certificate In Advanced Requirements Engineering training course includes a mixture of discussion and practical work to help experienced business analysts tackle more challenging requirements engineering assignments and develop strategies to avoid requirements pitfalls.
Each member of our Advanced Requirements Engineering training team brings substantial experience of working on challenging and complex requirements engineering assignments to the programme.
Our BCS Professional Certificate In Advanced Requirements Engineering training course is aimed at Business Architects, Business Designers, Enterprise Architects and Senior Business Analysts who need to align requirements with business objectives and improve the consistency of requirements outputs.
Advanced Requirements Engineering is also an Analytical module on the BCS Advanced Diploma In Business Analysis.
For our BCS Professional Certificate In Advanced Requirements Engineering training course, you will be provided with a printed copy of the latest edition of the comprehensive course manual. It will be sent to your home address in good time for the start of your training course. Our delegates tell us that having access to a physical document is useful as both a reference document and for taking notes during the course. In addition, a link will be emailed to you to enable you to access an electronic copy of the same comprehensive manual for convenient future reference.
• There will be improved alignment between IT and the business as a result of requirements being better understood and documented.
• Problems regarding requirements gathering and analysis will be quickly identified and improved.
• The principles of Requirements Management will become more widely understood as will the importance of managing requirements.
• Requirements will be validated reducing rework time and improve speed to market.
• You will learn the use and purpose of models in modelling requirements.
• Knowledge of Requirements Management will improve your career prospects.
There are no entry requirements for our BCS Professional Certificate In Advanced Requirements Engineering training course. We do recommend that you hold the BCS Certificate In Requirements Engineering.
You should be prepared to spend around 1 -2 hours per evening on homework and revision activities.
During our BCS Professional Certificate In Advanced Requirements Engineering training course, you’ll receive all the training you need to prepare for the BCS Professional Certificate In Advanced Requirements Engineering examination, which is held on the final afternoon of the course.
BCS Professional Certificate In Advanced Requirements Engineering
If you are attending our virtual BCS Professional Certificate In Advanced Requirements Engineering training course, the exam may be taken remotely using the BCS online proctoring service. This exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions with a pass mark of 26/40.
A pass in BCS Professional Certificate In Advanced Requirements Engineering means you’re another step closer to achieving the BCS International Advanced Diploma In Business Analysis.
If the BCS Professional Certificate In Advanced Requirements Engineering training course is part of your BCS Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis programme, you have a choice of further modules you can take including Business Architecture, Data Analysis, Advanced Requirements Engineering, Business Finance, Benefits Planning and Realisation, Stakeholder Engagement and Team Leadership.
The BCS Professional Certificate in Advanced Requirements Engineering assesses competence with regard to the environment, context, planning, governance and execution of requirements engineering. T