Download Our FREE Software Asset Management (SAM) Terminology PDF To Learn Software Asset Management (SAM) Terms & Definitions! Learn more
Selenium is the de-facto standard for front-end test automation of modern web technologies due to the flexible and powerful browser automation capabilities of WebDriver.
The three-day iSQI Selenium WebDriver Foundation Tester training course is a practical training course aimed at test professionals who desire a basic understanding of Selenium WebDriver for creating web application tests. You will learn about factors to consider when deciding to automate testing as well as specific techniques for navigation, interacting with GUI elements, logging, reporting, and more.
Chapter 1: Test Automation Basics (105 Min)
• Explain the objectives, advantages, disadvantages and limitations of test automation.
• Understand the relation between manual and automated tests.
• Identify technical success factors of a test automation project.
• Understand the risks and benefits of using Selenium WebDriver.
• Explain the place of Selenium WebDriver in TAA (Test Automation Architecture).
• Explain the reason and purpose for metric collection in automation.
• Understand and can compare objectives of using Selenium toolset (WebDriver, Selenium Server, Selenium Grid).
Chapter 2: Internet Technologies For Test Automation Of Web Applications (195 Min)
• Understand and can write HTML and XML documents.
• Apply XPath to search XML documents.
• Apply CSS locators to find elements of HTML documents.
Chapter 3: Using Selenium WebDriver (495 Min)
• Use appropriate logging and reporting mechanisms.
• Navigate to different URLs using WebDriver commands.
• Change window context in web browsers using WebDriver commands.
• Capture screenshots of web pages using WebDriver commands.
• Locate GUI elements using various strategies.
• Get state of GUI elements using WebDriver commands.
• Interact with GUI elements using WebDriver commands.
• Interact with user prompts in web browsers using WebDriver commands.
Chapter 4: Preparing Maintainable Test Scripts (225 Min)
• Understand which factors support and affect the maintainability of test scripts.
• Use appropriate wait mechanisms.
• Analyse GUI of a system under test (SUT) and use Page Objects to make its abstractions.
• Analyse test scripts and apply Keyword Driven Testing principles to building test scripts.
By the end of the iSQI Selenium WebDriver Foundation Tester training course, you should be able to:
• Correctly apply test automation principles to build a maintainable test automation solution.
• Choose and implement correct test automation tools.
• Implement Selenium WebDriver scripts that execute functional web application tests.
• Implement maintainable scripts.
This iSQI Selenium WebDriver Foundation Tester training course is ideal for automators and those who want to learn automation using the Selenium WebDriver toolset. While this course is accessible to anyone wanting to acquire a basic, hands-on knowledge of Selenium, the main audiences are:
• People with no test automation experience who are starting to automate in Selenium (or who want to get a job doing that).
• People with some GUI test automation experience who are new to Selenium or starting to automate in Selenium (or who want to get a job doing that).
• People with some non-GUI test automation experience who are new to Selenium and starting to automate in Selenium (or who want to get a job doing that).
• Full Materials
• Highly Skilled & Knowledgeable Tutors
• iSQI Selenium WebDriver Foundation Tester Examination
You should have general knowledge of basic programming and some knowledge of Python.
There is no formal prereading for this iSQI Selenium WebDriver Foundation Tester training course.
iSQI Selenium WebDriver Foundation Tester Examination:
The course runs for three days, with one hour set aside on the third day for the Selenium Foundation exam if desired. The certification exam is a 60 minute, 40 question, multiple-choice exam. To attain the Selenium Foundation certification candidates must pass the A4Q Selenium Tester Foundation certification exam.
The exam shall be comprised of 40 multiple-choice questions. Each correct answer has a value of one point. A score of at least 65% (that is, 26 or more questions answered correctly) is required to pass the exam. The time allowed to take the exam is 60 minutes. If the candidate’s native language is not the examination language, the candidate may be allowed an extra 25% (15 minutes) time.
Purple Griffon offer the following private virtual sessions for your team. Our Automated Software Testing training courses can be delivered on-site at your location or online for up to ten people:
Call +44 (0)1539 736 828 now to discuss your training requirements and to book your sessions in the diary.
Upon the successful completion of the Selenium WebDriver Foundation course, you will be able to create and run Selenium WebDriver tests without supervision.