ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition Module (MPT) Training Courses Reduced To £1250 + VAT (£745 Saving). Learn more
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a methodology for using a non-human system to learn from experience and imitate human intelligent behaviour. The essentials certificate tests a candidate’s knowledge and understanding of the terminology and the general principles of AI.
Our Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials Online (180 Days) training course covers the potential benefits, types of artificial intelligence, the basic process of Machine Learning, the challenges and risks associated with an AI project and the future of AI and humans in work.
If you would like immediate access, then please purchase the Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials Online (180 Days) on the Purple Griffon E-Learning Portal.
Module 1: Human Intelligence
• Human Intelligence (IQ/EQ)
• The Scientific Method
• Emotional Intelligence
• The Industrial Revolutions
• Universal Design – Design For ALL
Module 2: Artificial Intelligence
• Artificial Intelligence
• The History Of AI
• Machines Learn From Data
• Tom Mitchell’s Definition Of ML
• Heuristic – Sometimes Works
Module 3: Humans Are More Than EQ & IQ
• More Than EQ & IQ
• Gut Feeling & Tacit Knowledge
• The Digital Human
• Human Brain Inspired AI
Module 4: Quick Review
• Quiz Exercise
Module 5: Examples, Challenges & Risks
• Opportunities, Challenges & Risk
• ML – What Do We Need?
• 1970’s Optical Character Recognition
• Research & Development
• Health & Social Care
• Sales & Marketing
• Logistics & Planning
• ML Enabler IoT
Module 6: AI – Machine Learning
• Formal Definition Of Machine Learning
• Engineers Need More Than Models
• Schematic Of An AI Agent
• Rational Agents
• Agent Structure
• Agent Examples
• Agent Types
• Learning From Experience
• The General Learning Agent
Module 7: Humans + Machine – The Future
• Ethical Re-Imagination – 4th Industrial Revolution
• Robotics Guidelines
• Ethics In AI
• Human Consciousness
• Humans Are Subjective
• Future Human Roles
• Human Compliments Machines
• AI Enhances Humans
• Humans Drive The Change & Set The Goals
• Asilomar Principles
• Learning From Experience – KASH
• What Was In It For Me?
• Journey Home – So What!
BCS Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials Examination
Our Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials Online (180 Days) training course was developed by Dr Andy Lowe - Andy has 20 years plus of experience in academia and industry working with high performance computing. He has a honours degree in mechanical engineering and a PhD in numerical simulation. He’s worked with high tech start ups and large high tech engineering organisation using some of the world’s most powerful computers. He uses AI on a daily basis in the analysis of simulations (E.g. Weather, Extreme Environments, Engineering) he builds.
Our Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials Online (180 Days) training course is self-contained and will provide you with an introduction to AI. It leads onto our Artificial Intelligence (AI) Foundation Online (180 Days) training course.
Our Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials Online (180 Days) training course is focused on professionals internationally with an interest in, or a need to implement AI in an organisation. Professionals working in areas such as Science, Engineering, Knowledge Engineering, Finance, or IT services.
The following roles should be interested:
• Professional Research Managers
• Chief Technical Officers
• Chief Information Officers
• Organisational Change Practitioners & Managers
• Business Change Practitioners & Managers
• Service Architects & Managers
• Program & Planning Managers
• AI Project Managers
• Service Provider Portfolio Strategists / Leads
• Process Architects & Managers
• Business Strategists & Consultants
• Web Page Developers
Our Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials Online (180 Days) training course includes:
• Artificial Intelligence Quizzes
• Artificial Intelligence Exercises
• The Official Artificial Intelligence Essentials Syllabus
• BCS Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials Sample Exam
What are the organisational benefits of our Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials Online (180 Days) training course?
• Having staff that are aware of the capabilities of AI and how it can contribute to organisational success
• Compete in an advanced technological future
• Use AI to increase efficiency and reduce costs
What are the individual benefits of our Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials Online (180 Days) training course?
• Having an up to date understanding of AI
• Being able to identify opportunities to apply AI solutions
• Being able to position themselves to take advantage of increased technology
• Screen Resolution: 1020 x 768 or above
• Network/Internet Connection: 4Mb (megabits) or above
• Windows XP or higher
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 6+
• Firefox 3+
• Safari 4+
• Screen resolution: 1020 x 768 or above
• Network/Internet connection: 4Mb (megabits) or above
• Mac OS X 10 or higher
• Firefox 3+
• Safari 4+
Purple Griffon advise you that you use the Firefox Web Browser for the best educational experience and have compatible speakers or headphones.
Please Note: You will be required to have some form of photo ID (passport, government ID or equivalent) for the examination. If the examination includes a document to be printed, then please ensure that you have a printer in the room where you will be sitting the exam. Some examination institutes will ask you to have a small mirror or reflective surface and the proctor will request that you hold this up to show there is nothing attached to the webcam or even the laptop itself. Also, Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave must also be installed on your desktop or laptop prior to the examination.
For a successful Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials online exam, you will need:
|Web Camera||640×480 resolution||1280×720 resolution|
|PC Users||Windows XP||Windows 7|
|Mac Users||Mac OS X or higher||Mac OS X 10.7 Lion|
|Internet Download Speed||.768 Mbps||1.5Mbps|
|Internet Upload Speed||.384 Mbps||1.5Mbps|
There are no entry-level requirements for our Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials Online (180 Days) training course.
It is highly recommended that you have a good knowledge of computers and a basic understanding of data using computers, for example: spreadsheets.
Our Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials Online (180 Days) training course does not require any existing knowledge of AI.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials Online Exam:
• Exam Duration: 30 Minutes
• Exam Format: Closed Book, 20 Multiple Choice Questions
• Exam Delivery: Online, Webcam Proctored
• Exam Pass Mark: 65% (13/20 Questions)
There are no formal Professional Qualification Credits attached to our Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials Online (180 Days) training course.
BCS Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials Certificate
The next logical step would be our Artificial Intelligence (AI) Foundation Online (180 Days) training course, which will prepare you to start using AI, in particular Machine Learning.
Our Artificial Intelligence (AI) Essentials Online (180 Days) training course will provide you with a complete introduction to Artificial Intelligence for those who need to understand the terminology and concepts used in this area.