ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition Module (MPT) Retires June 2022 | 30% OFF RRP On All Virtual Classroom Dates Learn more
The two-day ISTQB® Mobile App Tester training course provides an insight into methods, techniques and tools a professional may use to test mobile applications. It is also for professionals who are planning to start implementing mobile projects or are working within companies that plan to do so.
Certified Mobile Application Testers should be able to demonstrate their skills in the following areas:
• Describe how available mobile analytics data can be used as input for the test strategy and the test plan.
• Distinguish between various business models for mobile applications.
• Recall different types of mobile devices.
• Distinguish between different types of mobile applications.
• Distinguish between general architecture types of mobile applications.
• Apply characteristics and specifics of the mobile market in preparing a test strategy.
• Give examples of the challenges associated with testing mobile applications.
• Describe how risks specific to mobile applications may be mitigated.
• Describe device-specific features and hardware which should be considered for testing.
• Prepare tests for the app’s compatibility with screen sizes, aspect ratio, and screen density.
• Describe how tests can show the potential effects of device overheating on the system under test.
• Recall different test types for testing of the various input sensors used in mobile devices.
• Recall tests to be run for various input methods.
• Describe how tests can reveal user interface issues when changing screen orientation.
• Prepare tests for an app using typical mobile device interrupts.
• Prepare tests for changing the access permissions to the device features requested by the app.
• Prepare tests to verify the impact of an app on a device’s power consumption and the impact of its power state on the app.
• Prepare tests for the handling of notifications by the system under test.
• Describe how tests can verify the correct functionality of quick-access links.
• Prepare tests for the impact on an app of the user preference settings provided by an operating system.
• Distinguish between different tests required for native, web and hybrid applications.
• Recall tests required for apps that are available on multiple platforms or operating system versions.
• Recall tests required for co-existence and interoperability with other apps.
• Summarize the tests for connectivity testing, including those across networks, when using Bluetooth and when switching to flight mode.
• Prepare Installability tests for mobile apps.
• Prepare stress tests for mobile apps.
• Give examples of security issues related to mobile apps.
• Recall time and resource behaviour considerations for mobile apps.
• Prepare usability tests for mobile apps.
• Recognize the type of tests required for database testing of mobile apps.
• Summarize the tests required for internationalization (globalization) and localization testing of mobile apps.
• Summarize the need for accessibility testing in mobile application testing.
The ISTQB® Mobile App Tester certification provides an advantage for those who would like to know the required mobile project activities, roles, methods, and methodologies specific to their role.
The certification for the ISTQB® Mobile Application Testing Foundation Level is intended for professionals who are working with mobile technology.
This ISTQB® Mobile App Tester training course is aimed at anyone involved in software testing who wishes to broaden their knowledge of Mobile Application Testing or anyone who wishes to start a specialist career in Mobile Application Testing.
• Full Materials
• Highly Skilled & Knowledgeable Tutors
• ISTQB® Mobile App Tester Examination
Your employee will be awarded the ISTQB® Mobile App Tester certificate and this will increase productivity in the workplace.
• Provides you with good practical experience in this key area within an IT Department.
• You will have a professional qualification widely-recognised by employers, customers and peers
The ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate must be obtained before taking the ISTQB® Mobile App Tester examination.
There is no formal prereading for this ISTQB® Mobile App Tester training course.
ISTQB® Mobile App Tester Exam:
The Mobile Application Testing Foundation Level exam is multiple choice. There are 40 questions. To pass the exam, at least 65% of the questions (i.e., 26 questions) must be answered correctly. Hands-on objectives and exercises will not be examined.
There are no Professional Qualification Credits associated with the ISTQB® Mobile App Tester training course.
Certified Mobile Application Testers who have passed the ISTQB® Mobile App Tester examination should be able to accomplish and demonstrate the following business objectives:
• Understand and review business and technology drivers for mobile apps in order to create a test strategy.
• Identify and understand the key challenges, risks and expectations associated with testing a mobile application.
• Apply test types and levels specific to mobile applications.
• Apply common test types, such as those mentioned in ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level Syllabus 2018, in the mobile-specific context.
• Carry out the activities required specifically for mobile application testing as part of the main activities of the ISTQB® test process.
• Identify and use suitable environments and appropriate tools for mobile application testing.
• Understand methods and tools specifically to support mobile application test automation.