ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition Module (MPT) Training Courses Reduced To £1250 + VAT (£745 Saving). Learn more
Our two-day PRINCE2® Foundation training course will teach you the principles, themes and terminology of PRINCE2®. You will learn how to communicate and participate effectively in a project using PRINCE2®.
Our PRINCE2® training courses are based on the 6th Edition of PRINCE2®:
Our PRINCE2® Foundation training course will cover the following subjects:
• Projects and business as usual
• The structure of PRINCE2®
• Key PRINCE2® concepts
• Continued business justification
• Defined roles and responsibilities
• Learn from experience
• Manage by exception
• Manage by stages
• Focus on products
• Tailor to the project environment
• Business case
• Starting up a project
• Directing a project
• Initiating a project
• Controlling a stage
• Managing product delivery
• Managing a stage boundary
• Closing a project
Our PRINCE2® Foundation training course will provide you with a basic understanding of the PRINCE2® Framework and the terminology of PRINCE2. You will be able to act as an informed member of a project team and gain an understanding of:
• PRINCE2® In Overview
• The 7 PRINCE2® Principles
• The Purpose Of The 7 PRINCE2® Themes
• The Purpose And Objectives Of The 7 PRINCE2® Processes
• The Purpose Of The 26 PRINCE2® Management Products
• How To Approach The PRINCE2® Foundation Exam
Project Management has become a business-wide skill necessary for the successful completion and delivery of projects. Our PRINCE2® Foundation training course solidifies this concept with training that’s meant to help you understand the necessities of project management and how you can implement them into your business or career.
Purple Griffon deliver private on-site training courses accredited through PeopleCert. Our public scheduled training courses are sourced from our Strategic Training Partner, Knowledge Train.
Our PRINCE2® Foundation training course has been created for current or aspiring project managers or professionals who manage projects. It is also relevant to other members of an organisation involved in the design, development, and delivery of projects including:
• Project Board Members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners)
• Team Managers (e.g., Product Delivery Managers)
• Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts)
• Project Support (e.g. Project & Program Office Personnel)
• Operational Line Managers/Staff
Our PRINCE2® Foundation training course includes:
• Full Course Materials
• PRINCE2® Textbook ‘Managing Successful Projects Using PRINCE2®’, 6th Edition
• Full-Colour Wall Chart
• Sample PRINCE2® Foundation Exams
• PRINCE2® Foundation Examination
• Benefit from a shared and thoroughly understood language and approach to reporting which will save time and effort.
• Increase staff awareness of their roles and responsibilities in the Project Management Lifecycle.
• Utilise an invaluable diagnostic tool, facilitating the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting and audits.
• Ensure stakeholders (including sponsors and resource providers) are properly represented in planning and decision-making.
• Enable more effective engagement of stakeholders in the process of project approval and management.
• Learn how to manage projects or to work in a project environment using the highest internationally recognized project management method.
• Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to its business case objectives rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end.
• Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets while facilitating staff mobility and reducing the impact of personnel changes/handovers.
• Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team and project board, improving communication and control.
• Mitigate perceived problems or issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout.
• Evaluate the project portfolio to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects.
Some experience in a project management environment is beneficial before attending our PRINCE2® Foundation training course, but it is not essential.
You will be given comprehensive pre-course reading that is required to be completed before attending our PRINCE2® Foundation training course. The pre-reading will take approximately 7 hours.
PRINCE2® Foundation Certification Exam Overview
6th Edition PRINCE2® Foundation Examination:
• Duration: 60 Minutes
• Format: 60 Multiple-Choice Questions
• Closed-Book Exam: Yes
• Pass Mark: 33/60 Or 55%
There are no Professional Qualification Credits associated with our PRINCE2® Foundation training course.
Our two-day PRINCE2® Practitioner training course is for anyone managing projects, this could be as part of a formal project management function or a role in which project management is an inherent part of day-to-day work.
When you have completed our PRINCE2® Foundation training course and passed the exam, you will be awarded the PRINCE2® Foundation.